Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Vatican

Today at the crack of dawn...6:30 am to be exact, we made our way to the Vatican. We stopped at a little cafe along the way.

Apple pastry

The Vatican


One of the fountains outside St. Peter's Square. 

Michelangelo's Pieta, inside the Basilica, which shows the body of Jesus on the lap of Mary after being crucified,was beautiful. Sadly, my photos of the statue are too dark to post.


My friends and I took the 500-plus stairs to the top of the St. Peter's . Some of the stairs were quite narrow and I definitely felt claustrophobic at times. I just tried to get through the tight spaces as quickly as possible. Once I made it to the top, the view was breath-taking! There were mountains in the distance that reminded me of home :)




We stopped for a quick bite and I got a tomato, basil and mozzarella sandwich. 

Well it looks like it's time for my siesta :)

No comments:

Post a Comment