Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Rain rain go away!


This was the first morning that we ventured out in the rain. Of course, the trams were full so we squeezed into one and then walked to the Circus Maximus. This was where chariot racing took place. Our professor compared it to Bristol Motor Speedway ;) It was built in 326 B.C. I’ve been amazed at how well many of the structures in Rome are preserved.





After that we walked to the Roman forum and saw the Temple of Saturn, the Temple of Vesta, the Basilica of Maxentius.


Our final stop was the coliseum. My roommates and I had walked by it a couple days ago, but I had no idea what the inside would look like.



 Feeling a craving for some American food, some of my friends and one of our professors went to Hard Rock CafĂ© for lunch. I had a yummy burger and French fries along with a four euro coca light (that’s about 5 U.S. dollars! A rip-off, but I needed the caffeine. Haha)






I went to the grocery store again and was glad to figure out their fruit pricing system. I got some Rice Krispies and milk, because I was just feeling like eating some cereal after that big lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment