Saturday, May 12, 2012

Tomorrow, tomorrow...I'm leaving tomorrow!

Wow! I can't believe this time tomorrow I will be on my way to Rome, Italy. This will be my first time traveling to Europe. In fact, this is the first time I'm going out of the country (besides Canada and Mexico) since my family moved back from Argentina in 2001.
I was sick with a sore throat earlier this week, but luckily it has subsided and I'm feeling well! I've been having some pre-travel nerves that I think are pretty normal. Will I be able to find my way around the city? What if I get lost? What if I get sick? What if my skype doesn't work and I can't talk to my boyfriend for three whole weeks? (Tears have been shed over the last 'worry' haha)
I could go on and on, but I just have to remind myself that I can't control what happens once I get over to Italy and that everything will be okay. That being said, prayers for a safe flight for everyone as well as safety once we get there, would be greatly appreciated.
Since I'm flying out of Charlotte, my parents and I drove down today and spent time with my grandma this afternoon in Concord, NC. She's been hospitalized the past couple of months so it was great to see her. Tonight, my parents and I are staying at my other grandma's house. My aunt Robbie and uncle Michael joined us for a nice seafood dinner.

My suitcase and carry-on bags are ready to go. Hopefully my flights will be on time and I'll have a pleasant seatmate. I will be arriving Monday morning (Rome time) and I'll try and post everyday about my daily adventures. Despite being a little nervous, I keep reminding myself of how I felt as a ten year old flying 8 1/2 hours to Buenos Aires for the first time. I saw that trip as an adventure and an opportunity to learn new things. Italy is such a rich country in culture and in food. I'm definitely looking forward to indulging in lots of gelato!

~Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment